2022 Duck Race
September 24th, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Community Assistance Center 15th Annual Duck Race!
The CAC Duck Race is a family friendly community fundraising event benefiting Community Assistance Center. This year, our new record high of 10,000 rubber ducks will tumble, splash, bob, and slosh down the lazy river at Big Rivers Waterpark & Adventures, racing to the finish line to win “QUACK”tacular prizes for their adopters!
1st Place Grand Prize: 1st Place Grand Prize winner will receive $2,500.00 in CASH!
2nd Place Prize: 2nd Place Prize winner will receive $1,000.00 in CASH!
3rd Place Prize: 3rd Place Prize winner will receive an Apple product bundle, including an Apple Watch, Series 7 with GPS (41 mm) AND a pair of Apple AirPods Pro.
4th Place Prize: 4th Place Prize winner will receive a Family Four (4) pack of season passes to Big Rivers Waterpark & Adventures!
5th Place Prize: 5th Place Prize winner will receive an ASUS 15.6″ 32 GB Chromebook!
6th Place Prize: 6th Place prize winner will receive a Movie Theater Style 8 oz. Antique Popcorn Machine with popcorn and fixings!
7th Place Prize: 7th place prize winner will receive a gift card basket featuring restaurants, businesses, and more! Types of cards and denominations vary.
8th Place Prize: 8th place prize winner will receive a giant duck float family fun pack full of toys and goodies for everyone!
- How do my ducks get in the water? Let’s Tag! A few days prior to the Charity Duck Race, volunteers place numbered tags on the bottom of each of the 10,000 rubber Race Ducks! The numbering begins with a 7-digit number and ends with a 7-digit number.
- What is my tag number? Tag numbers are not available until the confidential, computerized Mix Report is run moments before the Race. Each and every adopted Race Duck will be in the water.
- Wow does it work? Every Race Duck adoption, whether online, in the mail, at a Duck Race booth or in a sponsoring business is entered into our E-Quack database. Next to your name in E-Quack is the number of ducks you have adopted. The tag range is electronically sequenced and then shuffled by E-Quack. E-Quack automatically assigns the number of ducks you have adopted next to Tag Numbers. So, if you adopted 5 ducks, your name will appear next to 5 different tag numbers.
- What if you have 9,000 adopted ducks but you have 10,000 tagged ducks? If every darling Race Duck is not adopted by the day of the Race, you may still adopt up to one hour prior to the Race start time. All names randomly enter into the mix beside an unassigned number. Remember, as long as the Race entries are not sold out, anyone can adopt until an hour before the start of the race.
- What time is the Charity Duck Race? All kinds of family fun begins at Big Rivers Waterpark & Adventures the morning of Saturday, September 24. The Duck Race begins at 9:00 a.m. with our hilarious rubber ducks being launched into the lazy river at 10:00 a.m., winding their way to the finish line. The event ends at 11:00 a.m. and guests are welcome to enjoy the park on their own for the remainder of the day.
- Can I come to the waterpark to watch the event? Tickets to the event are included with all sponsorships and quantities are based on sponsorship level. Spectators must purchase venue tickets to enter the park. Adopting ducks does not include entry to the park.
- How will I know if my duck wins? The Community Assistance Center will announce winner names live at the event and we contact you using the information you provided with your duck adoption. You do not need to be present to win.
- Are they real ducks or rubber ducks? Rubber ducks, silly!
- Once I adopt a duck, do I get to keep it? Sorry, no. After you adopt your duck, Community Assistance Center makes every effort to train, coach, and cheer him/her down the home stretch for Race Day. After the race, all of the ducks are flown to their next race somewhere in the U.S.
- Do I need to be present to win? No, the winner does not need to be present to win. The Community Assistance Center will announce winner names live at the event and we contact you using the information you provided with your duck adoption. The winners will also be posted on the event website, CAC website and CAC Social Media following the event.
- Can I adopt ducks on race day? If all of our 10,000 ducks have not been adopted before event day, the remaining ducks will be available for adoption on this event website through September 24th until one hour prior to the start of the race. Don’t miss the chance to win a fabulous prize!
- Who does the event benefit?All proceeds from our CHARITY DUCK RACE benefit the Community Assistance Center (CAC), a 501c3 charity. CAC provides immediate basic needs assistance with food, clothing, utilities, rent and mortgage payments, prescriptions, ID restoration, homeless care kits, disaster recovery as well as long term case management services to resident throughout all of Montgomery County who are experiencing a financial hardship.